So I can't help but feel squirmy whenever I hear or read the name LibreOffice.
I think this is a dumb name; like really (OpenOffice.org is really dumb too)
- Uses lingo which is never a good idea if you want to get beyond your grassroots (yay! marketing to myself, but not new people woooo!)
- Potentially hard to pronounce (needs a page devoted to how pronounce it's name)
- Doesn't roll off the tongue (see comments on recent Oracle OpenOffice.org ArsTechnica article)
- There is a fair amount of dissent about the quality of the name.
- Many people don't find the name LibreOffice catchy, rather they find it difficult.
Anyway, I'm hung up on this. Seriously, I really am. I don't like it, and I want someone to make the effort to change it.